Tour ROMAN CASTLES / COUNTRYSIDE
An opportunity to leave the metropolis and immerse yourself in the natural and artistic beauty of the small medieval villages outside Rome. Leaving Rome we drive by the ruins of the Baths of Caracalla and onto the Ancient Appian Way by the Chapel of “Domine Quo Vadis?”. This tour takes us along the ‘Road of the Lakes’ through one of the hilly areas of volcanic origin that characterize the outskirts of Rome; the Colli Albani with its many growing villages. Castelgandolfo on the shores of a volcanic lake, where the Pope has his summer residence, Rocca di Papa and Grottaferrata, known for their culture, sights and gastronomic delicacies which include the traditional “porchetta”. Towards the northerly part of the Colli Albani, we reach Frascati popular with visitors both for its beauty and considerable wine production. Here we stop for a taste of local wine and to absorb the flavour of village life. Return to the vicinity of your hotel.
– IMPORTANT: TOUR DEPARTURE IS SUBJECT TO A MINIMUM OF 6 PASSANGERS, OTHERWISE TOUR WILL BE CANCELLED AND REFUNDED. Free pick-up service from Hotel (if centrally located) at 13.45 – 14.15.
– 1.4.16 – 31.10.16: Every Mondays & Saturdays (Afternoon, Approx. 4 hours).
– Rates per person: Adult € 51,00 Chd 3 – 7 yrs € 41,00
Tour TIVOLI – VILLA ADRIANA & VILLA D’ ESTE
Following the ancient Via Tiburtina for 30 Kms. east of Rome, this tour allows you to visit and compare two very splendid villas from two different ages. The Villa Adriana dating back to Roman Times and the Villa D’Este from the Renaissance period. At the foot of the Tiburtini hills, source the famous spa town of Bagni di Tivoli – which are dominated by vast quarries of travertine marble, you will stop first to visit the ruins of Villa Adriana which can only hint at the grandeur and beauty of this Villa built by Emperor Hadrian to remind him of the monuments and sites he had admired during his travels in the East. We then continue to the Villa D’Este, one of the most beautiful residences of the Renaissance. The Villa’s countless fountains, set in the heart of magnificent Italian style gardens, create a delightfully graceful symphony of carved stone, shade, sunlight and water. Return to the vicinity of your hotel.
– IMPORTANT: Entrance fees to Villa Adriana and Villa D’Este included in tour price. Free pick-up service from Hotel (if centrally located) at 08.10 – 08.30 or 13.45 – 14.15.
– 01 April – 30 September 2016: Every Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. 01 – 31 October 2016: Every Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays (Afternoon, Approx. 4 hours).
– Rates per person: Adult € 66,00 Chd 3 – 7 yrs € 56,00
Full Day Tour TO NAPLES & POMPEI
Discover one of the most important archaeological sites in the world: POMPEII. Leaving Rome southwards we take the “Highway of the Sun” crossing the Roman countryside through the area known as the ‘Castelli Romani’. Approximately halfway to Naples, view of the Abbey of Montecassino, completely destroyed during the Second World War. Upon arrival in Naples our local guide will take us for a walking tour of the historical centre to admire Piazza del Plebiscito, the Royal Palace, Piazza del Municipio, the Gallery of Umberto I, the San Carlo Opera House. Upon leaving the city, continue to Pompeii. After lunch in a typical restaurant, visit the excavations of this ancient Roman city that, along with Herculaneum, was destroyed by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 a.C. This archaeological journey through the ancient city will give you the opportunity to better understand Roman used to live at that time. The layers of ashes and pumice, destroyed and then buried under 4 to 6 m. the city ,but at the same time preserved details of everyday life. Among the well preserved frescoes, houses, villas and baths it is possible to see the intact remains of people, domestic animals and food. These remains allow you to understantd the final agony and the panic felt by the people in those last few minutes before the city was so disastrously buried. The city remained hidden for almost 1700 years until 1748 when the site was discovered during normal excavations. At the end of the visit we will return to the coach for a journey back to Rome. Along the way we will visit a coral and cameo factory where we will have the opportunity to admire and purchase items made with a technique dating back to the Greek times.
– IMPORTANT: Multilingual tour escort, Lunch with drinks, Entrance and guided visit inside the ruins of Pompei, are included in the price. Free pick-up and drop off service available only if hotel is centrally located.
– 1.4.16 – 31.10.16: Every day (Approx. 13 hours)
– Rates per person: Adult € 120,00 Chd 4-12 yrs € 95,00
Tour Full Day CAPRI
Capri, situated in the Gulf of Naples, surrounded by an emerald and turquoise sea, is often called the pearl of the Mediterranean. This Island of Dreams has enchanted many people with the incomparable beauty of its rugged landscape, the mildness of its climate, the richness of its vegetation and its characteristic small white houses. Leaving Rome in a southerly direction you take the “Highway of the Sun” crossing the fertile Roman countryside and the area known as “Castelli Romani”. Approximately halfway along the highway you will be able to see the Benedictin Abbey of Montecassino, noted for the famous battle and its complete destruction during the Second World War. Arriving in Naples you will board the jet boat for the 45 minute crossing to Marina Grande. Minibuses are then used for a panoramic drive to reach Anacapri, situated at 280 metres above sea level from where you will have a wonderful view of the Bay of Naples. After lunch in a local restaurant, you will have some free time to take unforgettable photographs and purchase local products before returning to Marina Grande to board the boat back to Naples. Entering the port of Naples, don’t miss this opportunity to admire the splendid Maschio Angioino (a fortress of the 12th century), the Certosa of San Martino and the Royal Palace. After disembarking you will then take the coach for the return journey of approx. 3 hours, back to Rome. Return to the vicinity of your hotel.
– IMPORTANT: Guided visit in Capri and lunch included in tour price. Optional visit at the Blue Grotto NOT included in tour price, payment on the spot (€ 28,00). Free pick-up service from Hotel (if centrally located) at 06.45 – 07.10
– VERY IMPORTANT: If sea conditions are so bad to not permit the boats to leave from Naples to Capri, it will be necessary to substitute this tour with the tour on Pompei and the difference in price will be refunded.
– 1.4.16 – 31.10.16: Every day
– Rates per person: Adult € 143,00 Chd 3 – 7 yrs € 118,00 (Approx. 13 hours)
Tour Full Day ORVIETO AND ASSISI
Journey beyond the modern highways and large cities and discover the real Italy, where small ancient visits are just waiting to be discovered. Leaving Rome in a northerly direction, driving along the Tiber Valley, we driving along small town of Etruscan origins in the magnificent landscape of central Italy. This is the land of some of Italy’s best known D.O.C. (quality controlled) wines, which include Orvieto, Chianti and Brunello di Montalcino. At around 10.30 – 11.00 we will reach ASSISI, built at the foot of Mount Subasio. Here, during a guided stroll through the lanes of this historic town, you will see the Church of St. Claire*, St Francis’ birthplace, his childhood home, Townhall Square with its People’s Palace, Roman Temple dedicated to Minerva and of course the Townhall itself. Visit St Francis’ Basilica*, close to the ancient city walls, with its magnificent frescoes painted between the 12th and 14th centuries. After lunch in typical restaurant we will proceed with the visit of Santa Maria degli Angeli* named after its church inside which, in the Chapel of Porziuncola*, St. Francis died in 1226. Back to Rome around 8:00 pm, you will be left in the vicinity of hotel. ** Remember that there is a dress code for this tour: shoulders and knees must be covered . We cannot be held responsible for entry denied due to improper dress.
IMPORTANT: Guided visit in Assisi and lunch included in tour price. Free pick-up service from Hotel (if centrally located) at 06.45 – 07.10. TOUR DEPARTURE IS SUBJECT TO A MINIMUM OF 6 PASSANGERS, OTHERWISE TOUR WILL BE CANCELLED AND REFUNDED.
– 1.4.16 – 31.10.16: Every Mondays, Thursdays & Saturdays (Approx. 12 hours)
– Rates per person: Adult € 104,00 Chd 3 – 7 yrs € 90,00
FULL DAY TOUR OF FLORENCE By HIGH SPEED TRAIN
Pick-up from your hotel between 6.15 a.m. and 6.30 a.m. Meet our assistant at 6.45 a.m. at the Tiburtina Railway Station where you will be given your train tickets and all the information. At 7.25 departure and in only 1.30 hs you will reach Florence. Our local assistant will meet you at the Railway Station in Florence and at 9.30 a.m. you can join an optional tour of the city which includes: Piazzale Michelangelo, the most beautiful panoramic view of Florence, the Academy Gallery where the original David by Michelangelo stands (skip the line entrance), the Domo Square, the Baptistery, the Giotto’s Bell Tower, Santa Maria’s del Fiore Cathedral with its famous Brunelleschi’s Dome. Rest of the time at leisure to discover this city known in the world as the “ Cradle of the Renaissance “. (with a supplement of € 10.00 it is possible to include a light lunch in a central restaurant – drinks not included). At 6.25 p.m. departure to Rome (we recommend to be at the Station at least 30’ before). Arrival in Rome at 7.55 p.m… End of services.
IMPORTANT: Second Class Round trip transportation by high speed train and assistance service at Tiburtina Railway Station are included in tour price. 3 hours Florence City tour with Skip the Line access to Academy Gallery is included with option 2, Lunch is included with option 3 (drinks NOT included). The pick-up service is possible only if hotel is centrally located, no drop off after the tour.
– 1.4.16 – 31.10.16: Every Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays (Approx. 13 hours)
– Rates per person: – OPTION 1 / Rates per person with Round Trip Rail Ticket: Adult € 105,00 ** No Reduction for Children ** – OPTION 2 / Rates per person with Round Trip Rail Ticket & City Tour with Academy Gallery: Adult € 145,00 ** No Reduction for Children ** – OPTION 3 / Rates per person with Round Trip Rail Ticket & City Tour with Academy Gallery + Lunch: Adult € 155,00 ** No Reduction for Children **